The Cougar Line operates from Picton, the major port which links the North and South Islands, a mere 3 hour ferry trip or 20 minute flight from Wellington, or a 4 hour drive from Christchurch.
We are located on the Picton Town Wharf, look for the 3 purple flags.
Cougar Line location
Operating 364 days a year Cougar Line is located on the main town wharf, a central location that is just a short walk from local motels and hotels. A pick-up service is available from the ferry terminal.
Getting to Picton
Picton is at the top of the South Island and is the main seaport linking the South Island to the North Island of New Zealand.
Centrally located within New Zealand Picton has easy access to other main centres by air, sea and road. It is a mere 2 - 3 hour ferry trip or a 20 minute flight from Wellington, or a 4 hour drive from Christchurch.
Travel options to Picton & the Marlborough district:
There are a several airlines that fly to either Picton airport (6km from Picton) or Blenheim airport (45km from Picton)
- Picton to Blenheim - 30 minutes
- Picton to Nelson - 2 hours
- Picton to Kaikoura - 2 hours
- Picton to Hanmer Springs - 4 hours
- Blenheim to Christchurch - 4 hours
Sea Ferries depart daily from Wellington to Picton via the Marlborough Sounds.
- Tranz Scenic Coastal Express: a daily train service from Christchurch to Picton, arriving at the Picton railway station at approximately 12.15pm. The journey takes you from Christchurch to the port of Picton via the Kaikoura Coast offering panoramic views, reclining seating and a fully licensed buffet car. This service connects with your 30 minute cruise to your resort.