Queen Charlotte Sound Eco-Marine Haven
Motuara Island is a bird sanctuary, a safe haven for many rare species, including the South Island Saddleback and Bush Robin. The Island is predator free and the bird life is relatively unafraid of humans. So this is a great trip for birdwatching.
Early Bird Eco Cruise
October – April
Returns to Picton
1.00pm or 4:30pm
Price per person
- We pick up and deliver passenger and packages to various resorts and holiday homes along the way.
- We suggest you bring along a rain jacket, water bottle, snacks, camera, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- No wet weather shelter or toilet facilities are available on the island.
Early morning bird song greets you as you step ashore. Small blue penguins nest in boxes alongside a well formed track which gradually climbs to a spectacular vantage point built above the forest canopy.
You will have approximately 2 hours to explore the Island.
The Early Bird Eco Cruise returns to Picton at 1:00pm OR you have the option to add, at no extra cost, the following options:
- Discover Ship Cove (view walk option)
- Cruise and Walk from Resolution Bay to Picton or
- Stop off somewhere in the Queen Charlotte Sound for a relaxing lunch sampling our fresh local cuisine at a café or restaurant (refreshment charges as own expense).
The above options return to Picton at 4:30pm.