Caring For Our Environment
Cougar Line's environmentally-friendly initiatives include:
- Stocking water bottles for our passengers that are made of plant-based materials and are collected for specialist composting, and limiting our use of plastic bags.
- Recycling other types of waste, using environmentally friendly cleaning products wherever practical in our boats, and supporting local efforts to reduce and reuse commercial marina waste.
- Removing waste for our Marlborough Sounds resident customers free of charge.
- Keeping our fleet well serviced which helps minimise fuel consumption.
- Participating with the Department of Conservation “SMART” programme to promote responsible behaviour around dolphins, whales and seals. We are proud to follow the Marine Mammals Protection Regulations 1992 which ensure the marine mammals of New Zealand are protected and that their conservation is a top priority.